Blogged by Ujihisa. Standard methods of programming and thoughts including Clojure, Vim, LLVM, Haskell, Ruby and Mathematics written by a Japanese programmer. github/ujihisa

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hacking parse.y with me

Yesterday I made my first English presentation.

http://ruby.meetup.com/112/calendar/10614880/

What was the topic?

Since this year I have tried some short hacks with MRI (Matz Ruby Implementation), and showed the results on my blog. This presentation was what and how did I fix ruby. Almost half time of my presentation was demonstration, which includes applying patches and building ruby.

How was the presentation?

I must have spoken in awkward and broken English. I hope attendees could understand what I tried to explain. It was still difficult for me to speak and listen English. Even worse I had a trouble in listinig English. I hope I had answered correctly to questions.

The ruby meetup people were friendly and generous. Thank you very much!

workspace

workspace

workspace

(These photos are not my presentation. It's just for showing how the room was like.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers